Cooper’s U.S. history dates back to 1914, when brothers-in-law John F. Schaefer and Claude E. Hart purchased M and M Manufacturing Company in Akron, Ohio, producing tire patches, tire cement and tire repair kits.
In 1915, Schaefer and Hart purchased The Giant Tire & Rubber Company of Akron, a tire rebuilding business, and two years later moved the business to Findlay, Ohio.
The firm changed its name to Cooper Tire & Rubber Company in 1946 and by July 11, 1960, the company became a publicly held corporation and was listed on the New York Stock Exchange. On September 5, 2014, Cooper rang the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange in commemoration of Cooper Tires company’s 100th anniversary.
Head office location:
701 Lima Avenue, Findlay, Ohio 45840
Categories: Tire Manufacturers